Presentation is happening next week now, since Roxanne organized people to present this week. I don't mind particularly, since I'm still kind of putting stuff together for it. I've had to critique an awfully convoluted proposal this week though, and I'm trying to be constructive, but it's difficult. She hasn't used the proposal template, and as it's on a very big and complex subject (proving the existance of God through schools of eastern meditation), a lot of the Hindu/Buddhist/Jain concepts are (regrettably) going right over my head. Still, I have a page of fairly good comments, so here's to hoping it goes over well.
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1. For three years between 1988-91, I lived in Papua New Guinea. My father worked for the government in the highlands, and so I went to kindergarten, pre-school, prep and grade one there. I remember it being a lot of fun, though there the spiders in PNG were freaking huge and scared the crap out of me more times than I care to mention.
2. I'm left handed. And maybe it's weird, but I'm very proud of that. It's like being in a very elite club.
3. After New Guinea, my family spent a few months travelling in Indonesia. My clearest memory of that time is going to a safari park and riding on the back of an elephant with Maryke. Mostly because I don't believe I could have done that anywhere else.
4. I studied Japanese for six years over primary and high school. And I was pretty good at it for a time, but then I had one teacher who ruined it for me and just like that, my results dropped and I ended up ditching it for English Extension. I hope to take it up again though, because I want to go to Japan next year and it has always seemed a terrible waste, to just give it up like that.
5. I'm more of a listener than a talker, strangely enough. I think because I'm not a very eloquent speaker.
6. I'd love to write a best-selling book. Or one that was considered definitive by critics and scholars for its genre.
7. Someday, I hope I can speak Latin fluently. And be able to carry out conversations in it, like Reggie Foster does. Not that there'd be a lot of people to converse with, but it'd still be cool.
8. I have a terrible fear of spiders. Not so much little ones, just the big harmless hairy ones that tend to sit in ceiling corners and not do much, like huntsmans. A few months ago, one came out from under one of the sunshades while mum and I were in the car, and I more or less had the biggest freakout in human history.
Aaaand, I'm tagging jazzgoddess, dives, lillibetpip, zeft, smickan, classics_lover, carolinebishop and panthology. I'm not leaving comments though, because I have no time for that now. ;p