1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Hmm....lived by myself! Well, independently anyway. I can't think of anything truly great I accomplished for the first time, really. :p
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, to be perfectly honest, my new year's resolutions for this year were pretty stupid and I came to realize over the course of the year that writing to a celebrity would ultimately be a rather silly idea. As for next year, I don't think I will because I never really keep resolutions and it's probably a silly idea, all in all.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Let's see.....my brother Adrian and his wife Amanda had a son, Jack. My other brother Derek also had a baby boy with his girlfriend, and his name was Eli. One of the altar servers, Kathryn had a baby boy too, named Stephen. And though these don't really count, my sister-in-law Paula is pregnant and expecting in the New Year, and so is one of my co-workers at the gift shop, Mellany.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
One of the parishioners I knew, John. He had a massive coronary a few weeks ago and passed away. He was also the parishioner who had a stroke in front of me during mass last year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Was going to go to Europe this year, but that didn't happen, so no overseas travelling this year. :(
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
More confidence, will to accept people, and a job.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
28th of May. Sad as it is, that's the day Steven and I started going out.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing my first year of uni with flying colours!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Ruining my friendship with Andrew in January.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not particularly, aside from your average colds and the like.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A little silver ring for Steven.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I think Amy was unfailingly one of the strongest people I met this year and gave me alot to think about and consider about myself. I appreciated that she finally got me to talk about some stuff that I hadn't really talked about before.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Paul, though he doesn't really rank. Probably George Bush and Tony Blair and the whole issue over the weapons of mass destruction.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bah, I can't really answer this question since I'm still dependant upon my parents. :-p Probably food, text books and clothing though.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Christmas! Having Steven visit me in Brisbane, Tim and Tiffany's wedding, my 18th birthday...lots of things, really.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Coldplay's 'Clocks' always reminds me of this year. But really I have a song that reminds me of every moment in time for my life, and I'm not about to narrow it down. :-p
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Happier, I would say. This time last year I was a wreck. I'd gotten my year 12 results and OP, they were not good and I was deeply worried about whether or not I'd get into a university course.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Mum believes I've lost weight since last year, so I suppose I am thinner.
iii. richer or poorer?
Can't really say. -.-;;
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Stay in Toowoomba, to be perfectly honest. I should have stayed one weekend or two.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Overreacting over the little things in life.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Here in Brisbane. I will be serving at 8am mass at St. Stephen's Cathedral, and then back home for a BBQ with my parents, my aunt, my cousin, my older brother and sister-in-law and Maryke.
21. New Year plans?
I'll be in Warwick, probably. Steven's mum is celebrating her birthday around then, so I'm going up for the party and new year celebrations.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Yes. ^_^ Unbelievably so.
23. How many one-night stands?
Oh, what do you take me for? :p None.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I have to say I really enjoyed watching Australian Idol, but if we're talking serious tv, then either White Collar Blue or Alias.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yeah. Paul. I thought I hated Andrew, but I only really feel remorseful over him now.
26. What was the best book you read?
Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code'. Oh, and 'The End of the Affair' by Grahame Greene and George Pell's biography were also favourites.
27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Hmm. I probably rediscovered my love of classical music a bit more than I did last year, since my musical tastes then were being more influenced by my friends at school. Also learned to appreciate Pavarotti, courtesy of one of the women in the gift shop, Marguerite.
28. What did you want and get?
Ah, let's see....a lovely boyfriend. Great results. Diamonds on my birthday. A harem icon and paid livejournal account! And the prettiest little id bracelet which I have only taken off three times since I got it.
29. What did you want and not get?
I remember I really wanted a padded oriental jacket earlier this year....however, I gave up on that pretty quickly. There was nothing particularly material that I wanted and didn't get...well, Christmas at the Vatican would've been absolutely wonderful, so that is something I wanted and didn't get.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Well, I don't see Return of the King until tomorrow, so at this point I think my favourite film this year is a tie between X2 and Russian Ark.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 18 this year on Easter Sunday. That day, I served at two masses and then met up with an old friend and she stayed over at my place. We ordered pizza and watched Spider-Man. Good times.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Studying in Brisbane, probably, but if I hadn't gone to Toowoomba I would have missed out on so much.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Oriental clothing all the way. And I started wearing scarves a fair bit too.
34. What kept you sane?
Steven. Julie. Amy. And time at home on the weekend.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Willem Dafoe. :D And maybe Jack Davenport too.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
mmm....the war on Iraq and possibly the issue over Governor-General Hollingworth.
37. Who did you miss?
Steven, constantly. My family, my friends from my Stuartholme, my internet friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Steven, Julie, Amy, Pam and the Chrises. Ok, that's not one person but I met alot of people this year and I think it all measures up equally.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
Pride will always be my downfall.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Where do we go nobody knows
I've got to say I'm on my way down,
God give my style and give me grace,
God put a smile upon my face
Eeeeee, it's Christmas day tomorrow!