I feel like I should be summarizing the past month in bullet points, so:
* The big thing I have to tell LJ is that I TOTALLY SAW WILLEM DAFOE WHEN HE CAME TO BRISBANE LAST WEEK. He's promoting 'The Hunter', a film he made in Tasmania last year and I scored tickets to a preview screening where he was part of a q&a with the director. He is amazing in the flesh, I was in awe (but not quite as in awe as I was with REG). But he was super cool and so much shorter than I imagined (and wiry- he is fit as hell).
* Bought tickets to see John Cleese when he's in town next year. Can't wait to hear what he has to say about Brisbane......I'm sure it will be dead on and acerbic as hell.
* Spent a whole weekend becoming familiar with Horrible Histories (the BBC live action series, not that crappy animated one). I'm burning all the episodes onto disc for my nephew. RA-RA-CLEOPATRA!
* I'm not actually up to speed with Doctor Who. :( On account of the assignment, I stored up the episodes on Foxtel and will probably watch them this week. I actually have a ton of tv to catch up on- all 4 parts of The Crimson Petal and the White and a ton of other things. Going to re-watch Sherlock as well, since the teaser bits in the Beeb trailer have got me wanting more.
* Work is....work. Don't actually feel like posting about it, largely because I made an incredibly huge error at work today and despite my supervisor being completely cool and understanding about it, I have to hold myself to account. But today aside, everything's going pretty smoothly. Our American CEO is in town and we all have to sit down and watch this webscast meeting/conference thing he's holding tomorrow.
And that's about as much as I can manage. Going to bed early tonight for the first time in quite a while. Yay!
Current Mood: tired
Current Music: Jens Lekman - An Argument with Myself